- What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Looking out the window of a plane to destinations faraway.
- What is your greatest fear?
Never leaving my hometown.
- What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
- What is the trait you most deplore in others?
- Which living person do you most admire?
- What is your greatest extravagance?
- What is your current state of mind?
- On what occasion do you lie?
To keep from hurting Nicole’s feelings.
- What do you most dislike about your appearance?
My worry lines.
- Which living person do you most despise?
- What is the quality you most like in a man?
- What is the quality you most like in a woman?
- Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
- What or who is the greatest love of your life?
- When and where were you happiest?
19th Century English Literature Camp, 2008.
- Which talent would you most like to have?
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I’d like to have a wild side.
- What do you consider your greatest achievement?
- If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be?
- Where would you most like to live?
Village of Highbury, England. In 1815.
- What is your most treasured possession?
My mother’s old locket.
- What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
High school parties.
- Who are your favorite writers?
The Bronte sisters. Austen. Alcott.
- Who is your hero of fiction?
- What is it that you most dislike?
An empty bookshelf.
- What is your greatest regret?
Not knowing love at age 18.
- How would you like to die?
In the open fields of the English countryside, staring at the blue sky, holding the hands of Nicole and the man I marry.
- What is your motto?
“Better to be without logic than without feeling.”